Updated : 16 July 2020
All Destinations :
Strict safety regulations will be in place for the whole tourism sector including hotels,restaurants, transportation, travel companies, and guides. These standards will insure both the safety of tourists in the country and the people employed in the industry.
Masks daily and a small bottle of sanitiser will be supplied to all customers and staff daily. Extra supplies of each will be available throughout the tour.
Customers and staff will be required to wear face masks at all times during the tour
During the tour there will be:-
- Social distancing enforced throughout tour
- Couples may sit together in the vehicle and solo travelers will sit by themselves.
- Travelers won't be able to change their seat, they will occupy the same seat for the duration of the trip.
- Regularly sanitisation of high-traffic areas
- Gear and equipment sanitized between uses
- Regularly sanitisation of transportation vehicles
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The Turkish Ministry of Culture and Tourism has set up a 'Safe Tourism Certification Program'.
- "One of the first of its kind, Safe Tourism Certification Program led by Culture and Tourism Ministry has been developed with the contributions of Ministry of Health, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and in cooperation with all the stakeholders in the industry."
- "Turkey's 'Safe Tourism Certification Program' defines and advises an extensive series of measures to be taken with regards to transportation and accommodation of all Turkish citizens and international visitors who will spend their holidays in Turkey as well as the well-being and health conditions of passengers/guests and of employees working at touristic facilities."
Further information about this program may be found here
Updated : 12 June 2020
Turkey - Borders have been reopened to international travelers from 12 June. Anyone entering Turkey is subject to health checks, and if you show symptoms of COVID-19 you will be tested. People must wear protective face masks on airlines, in airports, and in crowded public places.
Updated : 19 May 2020
As the COVID-19 spreads globally its effect on travellers plans and tourism in general is devastating.
Whilst we certainly appreciate our customers concerns, we are optimistic that the danger will pass in the not too distant future as it has in the past with SARS, H1N1, Bird Flu, MERS, Ebola etc. There are encouraging signs of it becoming under control in several European countries including Italy and Spain, and Australia where number of active cases falls each day, as recoveries are greater than new infections.
The world is in unchartered waters and we are following the situation very closely, as you can imagine, and are reviewing and reacting as the situation evolves.
With the above in mind, we at Fez Travel are relaxing our usual terms and conditions for customers that, understandably, would rather not travel at this time.
Customers that do not wish to travel at this time will have the following options available to them.
Any payments that have been made, may be used as a "credit" towards any future tour, of similar duration, departing through to 31 December 2021.
The future tour may be the same tour as currently booked or any other currently published tour.
The "credits" may be transferred to a friend or family member upon receipt of an authorisation from the lead passenger from the current booking.
Where customers choose to defer. Any difference in cost will need to be paid by:-
a. the customer where it is more than what has already been paid.
b. Fez Travel will refund the difference where the customer has paid more than newly selected tour or the remaining credit can be used for additional services.
It is not necessary to advise the future tour or date at this stage. The "credits" will be held on file until 31 December 2021.
The option to defer needs to be advised to Fez Travel anytime up until 2 weeks before their currently booked departure date.
The future travel date may be changed twice, free of charge, and must be advised to Fez Travel 2 weeks prior to the currently booked departure date and at least 2 weeks prior to the newly proposed date. The new date will be confirm after availability is confirmed.
No further fees will be applied to these bookings that have been deferred.
Customers may cancel the booking completely and our usual cancellations fees will apply.
Cancellation fees may be found within our Terms and Conditions, section 3.
We also recommend you visit the World Health Organizations' website where you will find all the latest information on corona virus, travel, protection etc.
We also recommend you consult your governments' travel advisory as close to your departure date as possible, as information is changing regularly.
These are some of the more common ones.